She was looking at our fingers and not into my eyes, and thank goodness for that. If she were, she’d have seen how absolutely floored I was the first time I finally, truly saw her. The clouds moved at just the right moment, fully lighting her face by the moon. As if it weren’t enough that she was willing to stand up to me and cleary unafraid to be herself, she was dazzlingly beautiful.
Underneath thick lashes were eyes blue as ice, something cool to balance out the flames in her hair. Her cheeks were smooth and slightly blushed from crying. And her lips, soft and pink, slightly parted as she studied our hands.
I felt a strange flutter in my chest, like the glow of a fireplace or the warmth of the afternoon. It stayed there for a moment, playing with my pulse.
I mentally chastised myself. How typical to become so infatuated with the first girl I was ever allowed to actually have any sort of feelings for.
the first time Prince Maxon looked at America Singer, The Prince by Keira Cass (via herpointsofview
- Pick up book
- "Wow this is cute!"
- WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?
- AND WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?
- No. No you cant do that you cant touch him.
- OMG I NEED TO PUNCH EVERYTHING
- WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY TO HER?!
- EXCUSE YOU?
- Oh wait this is getting okay again I get it will get better if I keep reading
- NOPE. I WAS WRONG. NOT BETTER. RED ALERT. RED ALERT. OH SHIT I AM CRYING ALL OVER EVERYTHING
- *Finishes book*
- *Picks up next book*
So yeah, I read the Elite today and was a roller coaster of emotions.